Why choose the MNAS chemistry emphasis at Missouri State?
- Chemistry provides a highly valuable skill set that can be used in many different areas of the natural and applied sciences, and this interdisciplinary degree teaches you to see how each area fits into everyday life.
- You can create a degree program that is specific to your career interest and research style.
- By choosing one emphasis area outside your primary area of interest, you expand your understanding of science and multiply your job prospects.
- You will have the opportunity to receive hands-on training in multiple laboratory settings, conducting advanced research.
Explore chemistry in a whole new way
Expand your knowledge of chemistry with this unique interdisciplinary master’s program. It is designed for students with interests in two disciplines – selecting from agriculture, biology, chemistry, computer science, geography, geology and geospatial sciences, mathematics, and physics and materials science. A secondary discipline will be chosen to meet your particular career interests outside the original field of study.
Traditional or accelerated
Chemistry can be selected as a primary or secondary emphasis option for your master’s degree in natural and applied science. Accelerated and traditional degree options are offered to students. Visit the Master of Natural and Applied Science website or contact Dr. Kyoungtae Kim, at 417-836-5249 for further information and guidelines.
Advance your career
Just a few of the fields that benefit from an understanding of chemistry:
- Chemical or technical sales
- Secondary or post-secondary education
- Food science
- Forensic science (crime laboratories)
- Government agencies
- Industrial laboratories
- Patent Law
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Quality control
- Research institutes
- Technical journalism